A viscometer (also called viscosimeter) is an instrument used to measure the viscosity of a fluid. For liquids with viscosities which vary with flow conditions, an instrument called a rheometer is used.
There are several models of viscometer available from Brookfield but the majority operate in the same manner: the viscometer motor rotates the spindle at a defined speed (measured in rpm) or shear rate and the viscometer measures the resistance to rotation and reports a viscosity value.
Our Lab is equipped with modern DV2T Touch Screen Viscometer with the following features and benefits.
- 5-inch full color, touch screen display supports multiple languages
- Displayed info includes: viscosity (cP/mP·s), temperature (°C/°F), shear rate/stress, % torque, spindle/speed, step program status
- Enhanced Security provides enhanced security with customizable user levels & password access to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Built-In options include timed tests, data averaging, programmable QC limits/alarms, customizable speed/spindle lists, on screen data comparison
- Auto range shows maximum viscosity measured with any spindle/speed combination
- USB PC interface provides optional computer control and automatic data gathering capability Download custom test programs with included PG Flash software
- Front-facing bubble level for convenient viewing
- Built-in temperature probe
- Accuracy of ±1.0% of range with displayed test data
- Repeatability of ±0.2%
- NIST traceable viscosity standards available