It refers to absorption spectroscopy or reflectance spectroscopy in the ultraviolet-visible spectral region. UV/Vis spectroscopy is routinely used in analytical chemistry for the quantitative determination of different analytes, such as transition metal ions, highly conjugated organic compounds, and biological macromolecules. Our laboratory is equipped with UV- visible spectrophotometer, Lab India UV-VIS 1800+ and Shimatzu UV-VIS 3000+.
- Analysis of Phenol, total Phosphate, Silica, Nitrite Ion, etc. in water sample.
- Quantification of drug in formulation and API by either of the method
- Calibration curve method.
- Simultaneous multicomponent method.
- Difference spectrophotometric method.
- Derivative spectrophotometric method.
- Detection of Impurities
- Dissociation constants of acids and bases.
- Molecular weight determination